Cabin Creek Timber Frames is looking for a highly professional, detail-oriented timber framer to join our team! Apply today!
now hiring beginner and experienced framers
Cabin Creek Timber Frames is looking for a highly professional, detail-oriented timber framer to join our team. The successful candidate will be required to perform a variety of timber frame and general carpentry tasks in a hand-cut shop as well as on job site settings. This is fine woodworking on a much larger scale.
The successful applicant must be able to read and understand plans, demonstrate basic math and geometry skills, have a working knowledge of hand and power tools, equipment, and materials relating to timber framing and carpentry – such as tape measure, skilsaws, hand saws, hand planes, chisels, routers, bandsaws, planers, fork lift, and mortising machine.
Key responsibilities include:
- Layout, fabrication, finish and erection of timber frames.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Perform precision layout of timber frames for structural frames, decorative features, stair systems and other timber frame applications.
- Fabricate, assemble and finish timbers using shop equipment, portable hand and power tools.
- Assure materials and products meet quality standards and job specifications.
- Maintain shop environment, tools and equipment.
- Inspect and maintain job materials and supplies as required for assigned tasks.
- Perform site work including erection of the finished frame, application of structural insulated panels, and T&G.
Must also have the demonstrated ability to work well with numbers; read shop drawings and develop fabrication details. Applicant should have familiarity with safe rigging and erection practices and overall safe work habits. Applicant must be comfortable working with ladders, staging and at heights during erection.
We are seeking an individual with personal qualities that will complement our team. Applicant must have a willingness to take direction and work well with others; ability and willingness to work independently; have a positive and cooperative attitude; and demonstrate personal integrity and sense of responsibility.
Helpful background experience: cabinet work, drafting, rock climbing, tool sharpening.
Physical requirements: able body, able to lift fifty pounds.
Other benefits: nearby national forest, fishing, hunting, hiking, white water, use of shop for off hours personal projects.
Apply in person at Cabin Creek Timber Frames, 6624 Georgia Road, Franklin NC, 28734, or call (828) 369-5899.